Saturday, October 29, 2016

The Journey of Alvar Nunez

I am a starting line generation Texan, citizen of the land that Nunez stumbled upon when his commode wrecked on what is right away Galveston Island, a mere 483 old age ago. Nunez became a slave and prisoner of the Han and Capoque clans of the Karankawa Indians for the first two years after his arrival in Texas. During his imprisonment, he progressed with the clans gaining term and ceatr from his activities as a merchant and particularly his skills as a healer (Núnez 45). Even with this pure gain in status that he made, life was lifelessness hard for him as a slave, When it happened that these or any mickle we had left behind gave us a piece of meat, we ate it raw. Had we put it to roast, the first domestic who came along would discombobulate filched it (Núnez 48). Receiving fling of meat and still having it interpreted from you if you would cook them; that essential subscribe been infuriating.\nThrough his interpretations, I closely felt connected to Álvar Núñez . We may not be related nor are we friends exclusively he is some(a)one I evermore enjoy reading about. His journeys that his life took him through always keep me entertained. His nine-year journey where he wandered lost and not perspicacious anyone, and the interesting people he met along the way must have had a wide impact on him. His stories are always so well-to-do in detail, he eer found ways to pick at up a paintbrush and obtain what he is writing in my head. Three months out of e very year they eat nobody but collects and drink very bad water. Wood is infrequent; mosquitoes, plentiful. The houses are made of mats; their floors dwell of masses of oyster shells (Núnez 46). I can truly externalize the houses made of mats filled with oyster shell floors.\nÁlvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca and myself have a few things in common. We both come from Spanish roots, Núñez as a natural born Spaniard and myself having some Spanish blood foot race through my veins, thanks to my gramps. My grandfather was a full-blooded Spaniard, who in truth did spend s...

No comments:

Post a Comment